Saturday, August 01, 2009

Sexiest Song Ever.... and More Reviews for Butterfly

Oh my God, I am so in love with St. Vincent's Your Lips Are Red from Marry Me. This has got to be the sexiest, rawest, most intense song ever.

Okay, now to collect myself...

Heather at Fallen Angel Reviews gave Butterfly Unpinned 5 Angels and a Recommended Read.

What a horrifying, powerful and beautiful story.... I was gripped hard from the very beginning and I couldn’t put it down until I’d read the very last word. This was so much more than I was expecting and it was a veritable whirlwind of emotions....

The contrast between the two different worlds represented in this novel was stark and clearly defined. It almost seemed as if I had been holding my breath for the first half of the story and then was finally able to breathe as it transitioned into the second half of the book, very skillfully and cleverly done! I have to say that I took a small break to recommend this book to a few friends before I was even finished reading it and I can’t give it a higher recommendation than that!


Also in is a 10 out of 10 from Kirsten at Book Series Reviews.

The first half of the book is exciting, titillating, emotional, and thought provoking. But it is the latter half of the book that makes this book so special. It's the reverse of most BDSM books, where a submissive is learning what it means to be submissive, is accepting that part of his or herself. In this book, we see someone who has been a 24/7 micro-managed slave with no safeword and no negotiation power walk back into the real world and try to find herself....

Butterfly Unpinned easily gets a 10 of 10. I'm looking through the two author's other books to see what else they have written. And should the two authors team up again I will probably automatically buy whatever they write. I loved the ending of Butterfly Unpinned, but I would still love to see more written about these characters. Or even about other characters we met in this book.


Thanks, Heather and Kirsten!

No comments: